Friday, October 12, 2007

I bought myself a locomotive

for $65 i bought myself a steam engine on turbosquid. Its amazing what you can get for your money these days right?

Although I felt like a sellout, I feel it will be better for me in the long run. $65 saved me probably 3 weeks worth of work. At this point TIME is at stake.

I can now focus on my spiraling technique and camera angles rather than trying to reinvent the wheels of a train. - a valuable lesson learned from the Dreamworks video conference with Marty Havran.

Although I have the technique all sorted out in my head, its not completely there yet. I am a bit discouraged with my results, but I know that once I get the technicals down I will feel a whole lot lighter.

here is what i have so far:


I also found this inspiring piece done by framestore:

No comments: