Friday, October 19, 2007

photorealistic spirals



ok so I worked on the procedural texture map and organized my UV layouts. Now the flow of particles have a more random flow. I composited the particles over a beauty pass of the teapot and the results are pretty cool.

I realized today that ReelSmart Motion Blur is the magic bullet that will make my project look sweet. Im thinking of using the particle's motion vectors to drive the motion blur of the beauty pass. The results will be a wispy photo realistic animation.

Not completely there yet, as you can see, some of the motion vectors get out of whack and blur the entire image. Personally I think those blurred out frames are cool, but they can be distracting. I will work on giving each particle a unique color so that RSMB will have an easier time reading the motion of the particles.

Also the particles are way too small on the teapot top, the spout, and handle. I will need to work out the UV situation for those parts.

Thanks for reading, comments are always appreciated!

1 comment:

chinlingo said...

Absolutely. Go for it.
^_____^