Wednesday, November 7, 2007

2 great scripts

Im prepping up for the big INDUSTRY critique. fine tuning my animatic, getting my style frame solid, and picking out a nice color scheme. By next friday I should have a nice packaged post with pictures and video with all of my preproduction work.

I met with Hosenfeld and he gave me some good suggestions to enhance my work.
One being stylize the spirals. Instead of making them so uniform, have them compact where they start and stretch out where they end.

I also just got back from my meeting with Myles Tanaka, he said that I'm heading in the right direction. I should be fine with what I have. I think i will push my animatic a bit more for clarity sake. He recomended that I make the fish that eats the world HUGE.

on another note, I found two really great scripts on high end 3d.

Julian Tylney Taylor's - curveField - this handy plugin allows me to use a curve as a field for particles. In the end I get flowing particles along a curve.

Mihai Militaru's - Extract Curve From Edges 0.1.0- basically allows me to extract a nurbs curve from a polygonal object. this script is a lifesaver- I no longer need to switch back and forth between maya and max to do this.

Many thanks for your hard work. It will help me a great deal.

3 comments:

youngsun said...

i can't wait to see it all.

kazu said...

when I read the title I was totally thinking of movie scripts. ha. this is good too, though. i look forward to seeing clips.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.